Frequently asked technical questions
1. Will this software work on the latest Windows Vista platform?
Yes, if you have an upgraded version of Windows Vista then there should not be a problem. However, if you have a new PC with Windows Vista then you will need to install any components that do not ship with Windows Vista. Currently only one such component, msvbvm50.dll, has been identified. Try downloading and then installing the trial software. This will register msvbvm50.dll for you.
2. I have Windows Vista. Can I load an old league that was created under a previous operating system?
Yes. But you will have to read the database in to MS Access 2007 and then save it.
3. Are there any major updates to the software planned for the future?
Yes. You can view the major ones by looking at the future updates section on this site.
4. Does version 3 of the software support leagues created with version 2 of the software?
Not any more. The code that automatically upgrades version 2 to version 3 has been removed. If you have a version 2 database that you want to use with the current software then Redaseal SW can upgrade it for you.
5. How can I change the name of a division?
SelectInitial Optionsfrom theLeague menuand then click on theNames/Framestab.
6. How can I change the number of frames in a match?
SelectInitial Optionsfrom theLeague menuand then click on theNames/Framestab. Use theCopy first division settingscommand button to set the number of frames, reserves and the session length in all the other divisions to the same value as the first division.
7. Can I add new players to a team while entering a match result?
Yes. Just press theEdit playerscommand button for either the home or the away team.
8. Can I copy teams and players from one season to another?
Yes. When creating a new season there is the option to do this. However, you can also paste the player data from one season into a text file and then read the text file into a new season. This is done by selectingListsfrom thePlayersmenu and clicking on the paste button. Then open WordPad and paste the data. The WordPad document must them be saved as a text document. Then open the new season and selectImport from file…from thePlayersmenu.
9. Can I substitute a player in a match?
Yes. Select the player that is being substituted (the background will go red) and then click on the substitute.
10. Can I keep a note of substitutes that do not actually play in a match?
Yes. Just add their names in the boxes provided for substitutes.
11. How can I keep track of which teams have sent in a result sheet?
On the match entry form simply clickReceivednext to the team's name. A list can be obtained by selectingResultsnot received from theReportsmenu.
12. How can I show player registration numbers on match sheets?
SelectLeague Optionsfrom theLeaguemenu and click theAveragestab. Then check theShow reg numbersbox.
13. Can I print a team invoice for registration fees owed by that team?
Yes. SelectListsfrom thePlayersmenu and then select the required team. Then select theInvoicemenu.
14. How can I display knockout results so the final is shown at the top of the screen?
You cannot do this; you can only cause the HTML output to be generated in the reverse order.
15. How can I remove the league title from a web page?
SelectReport OptionsfromReportsmenu and then check theDisable Headerbox.
16. How can I create mailing labels for venues, contacts and team captains?
SelectListsfrom thePlayersmenu and then select the subset of players required (e.g. Captains). Then press the paste button and all the information required is copied to the PCs paste buffer. It can then be copied into a desired application for formatting. Currently this cannot be done automatically but it is intended to incorporate a mail merge facility in the future.
17. What is the difference between a team captain and a team contact?
For most leagues there is no difference. However, the team contact can be through of as the manager who gets and distributes all information and the captain is the person that organisers the players on the match night. This can be useful as not all captains may have access to the Internet or email and so the contacts can be used. If the captain does have email then the captain can also be the contact.
18. Do I need to make my website look the same as the website that the program produces?
No. SelectReport Options… from theReportsmenu and you will find plenty of options for changing fonts, colours and even adding pictures to the background. There is no reason why the main page that is produced cannot be disregarded in preference for a better-designed main page. Just add the links to the files.
19. Can I track 8 Ball clearances?
Yes. SelectLeague Optionsfrom theLeaguemenu and click theAveragestab. Then check theTrack bonus pointsbox.
20. Can I track the team frame that teams in my league play?
Yes. SelectLeague Optionsfrom theLeaguemenu and click theAveragestab. Then check theTrack extra (Captains) framesbox. Although this is called Captains it can be used to track a team frame if required. This will not add the frame to the overall team score. If this is required it is suggested that you create a new player for each team. For example, the team player for the Red Lion could be "Team Red Lion".
21. I run a singles league. Can I make the individual payments end before the end of the season?
Yes. SelectLeague Optionsfrom theLeaguemenu and click thePaymentstab. Use the horizontal scroll bar to change the last payment week.
22. Can you tell me how I can generate a list of over 50's or U21's etc?
SelectListsfrom thePlayersmenu and then select the required age group from theSelectmenu.